2013年10月22日 星期二

Alice in Wonderland!


This is a "computer-animated and live action fantasy film" (quoted from Wikipedia).
Let's just consider it as an animation. : )



     Alice in Wonderland is undoubtedly a famous fairy tale. I think none of college students wants to read it again. However, Disney uses a high-tech and humorous way to combine the elements in the original story. And they create a totally different plot. Also, the great cast makes it more appealing, inclusive of Johnny Depp and Ann Hathaway.

     Alice was forced to attend her engagement party. Not knowing how to reply to the proposal, she ran away and followed a rabbit in a blue coat. She suddenly dropped into a big hole, entering "Underland".  After others' explanation, she knew that Red Queen robbed the crown from her sister, White Queen. There was a prediction that Alice would kill Red Queen's guard, Jabberwocky(空龍) on "Frabjous Day"(奇妙日).
     The Hatter brought her to White Queen's castle to escape the capture from Red Queen. However, he himself was caught. To save the Hatter, Alice went to Red Queen's palace. She ate certain food and became gigantic. She was welcomed, successfully deceiving Red Queen. Besides, Alice got the only sword to kill Jabberwocky from a monster. She then quickly ran back and gave it to Red Queen.
     On Frabjous Day, the fierce war between two queens broke out. While their armies were fighting, Alice finally summoned up her courage and killed Jabberwocky. Red Queen ended up reigning Underland again.
     (Apologize for the lengthy introduction above...)
 

     When I saw this movie for the first time, I thought it strange and absurd. But later, I knew that they designed such weird figures and costumes intentionally. Since it's a wonderland, everything is possible. The director must be so creative to imagine both magnificent and ugly scenes. The atmosphere in this animation is strange, but it has its distinct style! You will enjoy many unique creatures and scenery you never met before, and it's truly a perfect adventure!



I love Red Queen the most among all characters.
Her disproportional big head is cute!
      



5 則留言:

  1. Hey! I love Alice in Wonderland and read it for dozens of times! I love the fantastic existence of the different world.
    I think the special effects of this movie are made pretty well and I love its costume and make-up!

    回覆刪除
  2. After reading your blog, I'm attracted to this movie. Besides, I quite like Anne Hathaway, Johnny Depp, and Alice in Wonderland. : )

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. The special effect is really cool.
      The actors' performance were fascinating, too!

      I'm glad that you like it =v=

      刪除
  3. After read your blog, I'm so excited and I want to watch that movie! By the way,I think Johnny is awesome!!

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. When I saw Johnny Depp in that movie,
      I thought " What?! This couldn't be him!"

      My only impression about him is a pirate XD

      刪除